PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY – IT MAY SIGNIFICANTLY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING YOUR RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT IN COURT
- Informal Resolution. Before filing a claim in connection with these Terms or the Online Services, you agree to try to resolve the dispute informally. Contact email@example.com if the dispute is with UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare, or Optum; or DMCARegisteredAgent@divvydose.com if the dispute is with divvyDOSE. If the dispute is not resolved within 30 days of contact, you or we may bring a formal arbitration proceeding as described below.
- Agreement to Arbitrate. You and we agree to resolve any claims relating to these Terms, or the Online Services, through final and binding arbitration, except as indicated below under “Exceptions to Agreement to Arbitrate” or where prohibited by law. The arbitration will be held in the state where you live. For residents outside the United States, arbitration will be initiated in Hennepin County, Minnesota, or a location agreed to by the parties. You and we agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of any state or federal court in the state of Minnesota to compel arbitration, stay proceedings pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate, or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator.
- How to Opt Out of Agreement to Arbitrate. If you don’t agree to arbitrate, you may opt out within 30 days of first agreeing to these terms by sending a letter to us. The letter must specify your first and last name, username, mailing address, and state that you are opting out of this arbitration provision. Send the letter to UnitedHealth Group, Attention: Legal Intake (MN-008-T502), 9900 Bren Road East, Minnetonka, MN 55343.
- Exceptions to Agreement to Arbitrate. Either you (or we) may assert claims in the small claims court in Hennepin County, Minnesota or any other U.S. county in which we have a principal business address, provided that the informal dispute resolution described above was unsuccessful and the claim is eligible to be filed. Either party may bring a lawsuit solely for injunctive relief to stop unauthorized use or abuse of the Online Services or intellectual property infringement (for example, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or patent rights) without first engaging in arbitration or the informal-resolution process described above. The agreement to arbitrate does not apply to (a) disputes about the existence or extent of your health benefits or coverage or (b) claims that may not be arbitrated as a matter of law. Arbitration does apply to all other claims relating to these Terms or the Online Services including (1) the interpretation, formation, performance, or breach of the Terms, (2) whether any part of the Terms is void or voidable, (3) whether a claim is subject to arbitration, and/or (4) whether arbitration has been waived due to litigation conduct.
- Arbitration Procedures. The arbitration will be conducted by a single arbitrator, governed by the Consumer Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), (www.adr.org/Rules), unless otherwise agreed to by the parties. You may also obtain the Consumer Arbitration Rules by calling AAA at 1-800-778-7879, TTY 711.
- Arbitration and Attorney’s Fees. Payment of all filing, administration, and arbitrator costs and expenses imposed by AAA will be governed by the Consumer Arbitration Rules, provided that if you are initiating an arbitration against us and the value of the relief sought is $10,000 or less, then we will advance all filing, administrative and arbitration costs and expenses imposed by AAA (subject to reimbursement if the arbitrator finds the arbitration to be frivolous or asserted for an improper purpose). You are responsible for all other additional costs that you may incur in the arbitration, including attorney’s fees and expert witness costs, unless we are otherwise specifically required to pay such fees under applicable law. The decision of the arbitrator will be in writing and binding and conclusive on us and you, and judgment to enforce the decision may be entered by any court of competent jurisdiction. You agree that dispositive motions, including without limitation, motions to dismiss and motions for summary judgment, will be allowed in the arbitration. The arbitrator must follow these rules and can award the same damages and relief as a court, including injunctive or other equitable relief and attorneys’ fees. You and we agree not to seek any attorneys’ fees and expert witness costs unless the arbitrator finds that a claim or defense was frivolous or asserted for an improper purpose. Applicable law may allow the arbitrator to award attorneys’ fees and costs to the prevailing party.
- Except as explicitly provided in these Terms, if any clause within these arbitration provisions is found to be illegal or unenforceable, that clause will be severed from these arbitration provisions, and the remainder of the arbitration provisions will be given full force and effect. The terms of these arbitration provisions will also apply to any claims asserted by you against any present or future parent or affiliated company of ours arising out of your use of the Online Services.
No Class Actions. PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY – IT MAY SIGNIFICANTLY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
- BY AGREEING TO THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, YOU ARE GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO GO TO COURT, INCLUDING YOUR RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL AND TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT BY AGREEING TO THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER, YOU MAY ONLY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST US AND OUR RELATED PARTIES IN AN INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS ACTION OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ARBITRATION, YOU SHOULD OPT OUT OF THIS ARBITRATION PROVISION PER THE TERMS. OTHERWISE, YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO USE THE ONLINE SERVICES IN ANY WAY.
- If any court or arbitrator determines that this “No Class Actions” section is void or unenforceable for any reason, or that an arbitration can proceed on a class basis, then the arbitration provisions set forth above will be deemed null and void in their entirety, and the parties will be deemed to have not agreed to arbitrate disputes.
Changes to this Section
We will provide 30 days’ notice of any changes to this section. Amendments will become effective thirty days after we provide such notice. If a court or arbitrator decides that this subsection on “Changes to this Section” is not enforceable or valid, then this subsection will be severed from the section entitled “and the court or arbitrator will apply the first “Resolving Disputes” section in existence after you began using the Online Services.
This “Resolving Disputes” section will survive any termination of your account, enrollment in any program, eligibility for coverage, or the Online Services.
Governing Law and Statute of Limitations
You agree that Minnesota law governs these Terms and any claim or dispute that you may have against us, and you agree to the jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts in Minnesota for any dispute involving the Company or its employees, officers, directors, agents and providers.
Unless you are a resident of New Jersey, you must initiate any cause of action within one year after the claim has arisen, or you will be barred from pursuing any cause of action. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods do not apply to these Terms.
We may cancel, suspend or block your use of the Online Services and/or registration at any time, without cause and/or without notice. You agree that we will not be liable to you or any other party for any termination of your access to the Online Services in accordance with these Terms.
If any provision of these Terms is held to be unenforceable or invalid by an arbitrator or court of competent jurisdiction, the remaining portions of the Terms will be determined without the unenforceable or invalid provision. All other Terms will remain in full force and effect.
These Terms, and any supplemental terms, policies, rules and guidelines posted on the Online Services, constitute the entire agreement between you and us in connection with the Online Services and supersede all previous written or oral agreements. You acknowledge that we have the right to seek, at your expense, an injunction to stop or prevent a breach of your obligations. No waiver by us will have effect unless such waiver is set forth in writing and signed by us; nor will any such waiver of any breach or default constitute a waiver of any subsequent breach or default.
The following additional terms apply to your access to or use of any mobile application in connection with the Online Services (together with all information and software associated therewith, the “Application” or “Applications”) through any mobile device (such as tablets, mobile phones, etc.), and are “Additional Terms” as defined above.
Rights Granted to You. We grant you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-transferrable license to download, install and use the Applications solely for your personal, non-commercial use on a mobile or tablet device owned or controlled by you and only in accordance with the Terms. Other than the limited rights granted in the immediately preceding sentence, no other rights are granted to you. This is only a license, and not a sale of, the Applications to you.
Additional Restrictions and Notices. You agree that you will not remove, disable, circumvent or otherwise create or implement any workaround to any copy protection, rights management, or security features in or protecting the Applications. You acknowledge that we may issue an upgraded version of the Applications and may automatically upgrade the Application that you are using. You consent to such automatic upgrading and agree that these Terms shall govern all such upgrades. Our Applications or the Online Services may include third-party code and other software, which is governed by the applicable open source or third-party end user license agreement, if any, that authorizes the use of such code.
Third-Party Terms. You agree to comply with all applicable terms, conditions and agreements between you and any third party that provides products or services that facilitate or enable your use of any Application, and you acknowledge and agree that your use of any Application may result in charges to you by those third parties in connection with the products and services they provide to you (such as data plan charges), and you will be solely responsible for any such charges.
Termination of Your Rights. Upon any termination of your rights hereunder, for any reason, you will immediately uninstall or delete the Applications and cease any further use of such Applications.
Special Notice for International Use/Export Controls. Any technology or software underlying the Applications or Online Services that is available in connection with the provision of the Online Services and the transmission of applicable data (collectively, the “Software”), if any, is subject to United States export controls. No Software may be downloaded from the Applications or Online Services or otherwise exported or re-exported in violation of U.S. export laws. Downloading or using the Software is at your sole risk. Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules and laws regarding your use of the Applications and/or Online Services, including as it concerns online conduct and acceptable content.
Apple iOS App. If the Online Services that you use include an Application that you download, access and/or use and that runs on Apple’s iOS operating system (an “iOS App”), you acknowledge and agree that:
- the iOS App may only be accessed and used on a device owned or controlled by you and using Apple’s iOS operating system;
- these Terms are between you and us, and not with Apple;
- Apple has no obligation at all to provide any support or maintenance services in relation to the iOS App, and if you have any maintenance or support questions in relation to the iOS App, please contact Company, not Apple;
- except as otherwise expressly set forth in these Terms, any claims relating to the possession or use of the iOS App are between you and us (and not between you, or anyone else, and Apple);
- in the event of any claim by a third party that your possession or use (in accordance with these Terms) of the iOS App infringes any intellectual property rights, Apple will not be responsible or liable to you in relation to that claim; and
- although these Terms are entered into between you and Company (and not Apple), Apple, as a third-party beneficiary under these Terms, will have the right to enforce these terms against you.
- In addition, you represent and warrant that:
- you are not, and will not be, located in any country that is the subject of a United States Government embargo or that has been designated by the United States Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and
- you are not listed on any United States Government list of prohibited or restricted parties; and
- if the iOS App does not conform to any warranty applying to it, you may notify Apple, which will then refund the purchase price of the iOS App (if any) to you. Subject to that, and to the maximum extent permitted by law, Apple does not give or enter into any warranty, condition or other term in relation to the iOS App and will not be liable to you for any claims, losses, costs or expenses of whatever nature in relation to the iOS App or as a result of you or anyone else using the iOS App or relying on any of its content.
Google App. If the Online Services that you use includes an Application that you download, access, and/or use from the Google Play Store (“Google-Sourced Software”): (i) you acknowledge that these Terms are between you and us only, and not with Google, Inc. (“Google”); (ii) your use of Google-Sourced Software must comply with Google’s then-current Google Play Store Terms of Service; (iii) Google is only a provider of the Google Play Store where you obtained the Google-Sourced Software; (iv) we, and not Google, are solely responsible for our Google-Sourced Software; (v) Google has no obligation or liability to you with respect to Google-Sourced Software or the Terms; and (vi) you acknowledge and agree that Google is a third-party beneficiary to the Terms as it relates to our Google-Sourced Software.
Survival and Assignment
Your obligations under the following sections survive termination of this Agreement: Agreement and Terms; Important Note Regarding Content of Digital Property; License to Use the Online Services and Content Ownership; Restrictions on Use of Online Services; Posting Messages, Comments or Content; Copyright Infringement – DMCA Notice; Unsolicited Idea Submission Policy; No Warranty; Limitation of Liability; Indemnification; Export Controls; Governing Law and Statute of Limitations; Termination; Severability; Miscellaneous and Mobile Applications. You may not transfer or assign any rights or obligations under this Agreement. The Company may transfer or assign its rights and obligations under this Agreement.
If you have questions regarding these Terms, contact us at DMCARegisteredAgent@divvyDOSE.com
Effective Date: August 1, 2021