A New Solution
DivvyDOSE is the brainchild of a practicing physician. He became frustrated because while most chronic diseases can be managed by providing the correct medications at the right dose and time, low adherence greatly reduces the impact of medications. Adherence drops to 50-60% in standard practice while individuals are outpatients. This rate drops even further as medication regimens become more complex and require more pills and administration times. As a second-generation physician, our founder knows that even doctors and nurses are not immune to this problem in their own healthcare. This reduced adherence is due to the poor design of the current prevailing system. divvyDOSE uses human-centered design combined with exciting technology to bridge this gap.
Request divvyPACK Samples and Information
Switching over to divvyDOSE really is super duper quick, but we totally understand that recommending a new service to someone you know is something that you don’t take lightly. We don’t either. That’s why we’ll send you a sample divvyPACK that includes a little treat instead of medications, because we would like to keep our licenses. Fill out this form and it will be on its way!
divvyDOSE is designed to serve people who manage multiple medications. Every four weeks, customers receive a personalized roll of pre-sorted medications, along with a recyclable dispenser and any other medications that cannot be placed into divvyPACKS, such as ointments, lotions and inhalers. Medications are sorted into individual divvyPACKS with clearly marked dates and times. Vitamins and OTC medications are provided in the same divvyPACKS with prescription medications to make taking everything a client needs easy. Each delivery includes a divvyLABEL that explains what each pill is and how it should be taken in easy-to-understand language. In addition to pre-sorting medications, divvyDOSE coordinates refills and guarantees delivery of all medications on time, every time. Easy-to-use online tools allow customers to track their deliveries, refills, and copays. Customers can email or call their divvyDOSE pharmacist any time to ask questions or clarify instructions.
Copays remain the same as standard 30-day fill price at local retail pharmacies. Delivery and all other services are free. Most major insurance including Medicare Part D plans are accepted. Payments via Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) are accepted.
- Field TS, Mazor KM, Briesacher B, DeBellis KR, Gurwitz JH. Adverse Drug Events Resulting from Patient Errors in Older Adults. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society. 2007; 55: 271-276.
- Lee JK, Grace KA, Taylor AJ. Effect of a Pharmacy Care Program on Medication Adherence and Persistence, Blood Pressure, and Low-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol A Randomized Controlled Trial. Journal of the American Medical Association. 2006; 296 (21):2563-2571.
- Viswanathan M, Golin CE, Jones CD, Ashok M, Blalock SJ, Wines RC, Coker-Schwimmer EJ, Rosen DL, Sista P, Lohr KN. Interventions to improve adherence to self-administered medications for chronic diseases in the United States: a systematic review. Annals of Internal Medicine. 2012;157(11):785-95.
- Epstein RS. Medication Adherence: Hope for Improvement? Mayo Clinic Proceedings 2011 Apr; 86(4): 268-270
- Iuga AO, McGuire MJ. Adherence and health care costs. Risk Management and Healthcare Policy. 2014;7:35).